TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Suggestions

Old 07-21-2010, 08:22 AM

Default # of Players on Waiting List

Below is the explanation FTP Doug laid out for how the new waiting list system works. It's not a huge deal because I'm usually joining a waiting list anyways if the table looks good enough, but it might be nice to discount the people on the waiting list who are dimmed and only show the # of people who are actually able to join the table when their turn comes.

Quote:
30. In the Waiting List Manager, when looking at who is actually on the list waiting for a specific table, what is the difference between a regularly shaded name and one that is dim? Is one type waiting for that table individually and the other globally?

- Great question! I totally forgot to mention this in my original post about the feature. When you join a waiting list from your Favorites, it takes the entire "Advanced Filter" from your Favorite to filter out tables you don't want to join. So, for example, you don't want a table with < 25% plr/flop stat so you have "25" in that field in your Favorites filter. When you join the waiting list, you still join the waiting list for all the tables that are currently < 25% (because they may go over 25% soon and you'd want to see them) but your name appears in grey so that it can be known that even if you're #1 on the list, since the table doesn't match your filters, the #2 guy will be offered the next spot. As soon as the table matches your filters, your name is no longer grey. It's basically a way of showing that there's no "cutting" in line going on. Hopefully that makes sense!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:30 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Well, I think it might be pretty hard for me to do that and might slow down the scan as well. But also, from reading that description, it doesn't really seem to me like the gray players should get discounted, they are in fact in line, on the waitinglist, just at the moment it's scanned the table doesn't meet their requirements. But if the table improves somehow then they are still in line to get in the table, right?

P.S. Just a funny side note, 2-3 weeks after FTP's update, TableScan Turbo is STILL the only table selection tool that can read the # of people waiting at all! And I released the fix over a week before other tools like HM's scanner!