TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Support

Old 12-06-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
My vote would be for you to release the update on what you can scan, I rarely use the my table or waiting list anyway.
I 2nd this.
FWIW, if future versions offered, I would use an option to not even display the tables I already have open/waitlisted. I just repeatedly scan for new fish, so seeing all the tables I'm already on is just clutter (as far as I can tell, maybe I'm missing something....)

thanks as always for the hard work zan
Old 12-06-2010, 09:46 PM

So where is the update???

I've been using TST for an ENTIRE week now, and of course, I can no longer live with out it:-)

LOL- just preparing you for the general bitchiness you'll get once you start charging $.

Awesome program. Hope you get it working again soon.

Seems odd to me that a font change would break anything , but it's been a few years since I've done anything near GDI programming, so I'm probly missing a few things.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:05 AM

fyi

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...ostcount=27186
Old 12-07-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySteel View Post
Yep, exactly. This is a great short-time solution. I use it all the time when PokerRooms f* up with fonts and other software updates
you are a botter!
Old 12-07-2010, 08:15 AM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

I wanted to give a quick update, I'm still working on just getting the regular text reading back to normal, I may be able to release a fix tomorrow. I'm really crossing my fingers that they will just go back to the old font, or really I'd be fine with the new font its just that reading that italic/bold with an OCR is like a REALLY difficult task.

To clarify for people who don't understand, TableScan uses an OCR to scan pokerstars and other sites as well, because the pokerstars lobby does not respond to normal win32 api stuff which would be much simpler. OCR means "Optical Character Recognition", essentially it takes a screenshot, and then turns it into text. There may be a way to hook a dll into the pokerstars process, but when I first started doing this I really didn't know anything about that so I used an OCR, and I've worked really hard on my OCR technology to make it very efficient and accurate, much more so than other tools out there. I may one day try to do something where I hook into the process but that would probably take me over a month if I could get it working at all, and it wouldn't necessarily gonna be that much better if it's volatile and causes crashes or memory problems, whereas the current OCR method is very stable

Anyways, if you want to play today and use TableScan Turbo, I would suggest you use the roll-back technique described on the previous page of this thread, if it doesn't work out it's very easy to go to the PokerStars website and download the latest update again
Old 12-07-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifilein View Post
you are a botter!
lol, a what?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Ok guys, great news, PokerStars switched back to the old fonts today, so that part of the problem is fixed.

But, there is still a new problem which remains, and that is the bold/italic font that it uses in the lobby when you join a waitlist or sit down at a table. I cannot find a way to turn it off

The good news is though, that this version of the bold/italic is actually going to be much easier for me to read than the previous version, I have to make a new OCR just for this font but it's doable and relatively simple for me now that I've made so many OCRs
Old 12-08-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
The only problem is I think Pokerstars might frown on that.
I did this procedure awhile back, and it worked fine. I saved the old files to another directory as well. After a second PS update, I re-installed the old files again. But after about a week I started getting a message when I tried to start PS. It said something like "You are running an old version", and I was forced to update.

So it looks like this procedure might not work forever.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:01 PM

Default Working now

Logged into Pokerstars and it downloaded an update and it looks like TST is working now.

Edit : didn't see earlier post
Old 12-09-2010, 02:54 PM

Here it seems also to be working fine now