TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Share

Old 05-15-2010, 01:33 PM

Default Does anyone have any good ideas for filters?

This section looks a little under used and I could do with some pointers on using TST more efficiently.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:27 AM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Thanks for posting in this forum I would suggest filtering for the minimum stats you want a table to have for you to consider sitting down or joining the waitlist. For example if you play 6max lets say, you probably don't want to join a table with 4-6 shortstackers, so you can make a filter for # of shortstacks 0-3. You're probably not interested in joining a table without at least 1 fish, so you could add another condition for # of fish 1-10. That way all the tables in your list will always have at least 1 fish and no more than 3 shortstackers, it just makes it a little easier to scroll through the tables.

Another thing some people do is to make filters that will filter out everything but the absolute best tables, and they use them once they have started a session, and leave it on autoscan. That way, the list is empty or almost empty and they just get alerted to the juiciest tables while they are playing and they can just double click the table real quick as soon as it pops up
Old 06-10-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Ungar View Post
This section looks a little under used and I could do with some pointers on using TST more efficiently.
I suggest that you do not filter at all. If you do, the number of tables for your villains is wrong....

Just an example:
You donīt want to sit on a table if the number of shortstacks >2.
Do not filter but score the table with -100 points if shortstacks >2.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:08 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulusP View Post
I suggest that you do not filter at all. If you do, the number of tables for your villains is wrong....

Just an example:
You donīt want to sit on a table if the number of shortstacks >2.
Do not filter but score the table with -100 points if shortstacks >2.
If you filter using "Scan Filters", then what you are saying is true, for example if you use the "Advanced Filter" in scan filters: "Minimum Plr/Flp%", then TableScan will scan less tables and your # of table columns will be less accurate.

However, if you filter using "List Filters", then it will not have any effect on the # of Tables count, it will just SHOW you less tables in the list, but all the tables its hiding are still being scanned, and still being calculated properly, so all the table counts and otherwise will be correct