TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Support

Old 12-06-2010, 09:14 AM

Default PokerStars last update broke TST

Hi, PokerStars has just released a new update that makes TST unable to scan tables. Do anyone has the same problem ?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:22 AM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Ugh, they changed the font to some horrible cleartype thing, I can fix it but it might take me more than 1 day
Old 12-06-2010, 10:04 AM

You use OCR ? Cant read directly from the control ?
Old 12-06-2010, 11:02 AM

I agree, the font is horrible, ugly, and a pain in the ass to the software. I'm emailing pokerstars support now.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

It's coming along very well, I will probably be able to release a fix by tomorrow morning

I just hope they don't switch back or switch to a different font next week
Old 12-06-2010, 12:53 PM

Thanks for the quick fix....I really appreciate it...didn't realize how much I was leaning on this software till it's not working.

I doubt they will change the font back, its probably not easy for them to switch either.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:57 PM

Just to give a status update, reading normal tables is not really going to be a problem for me, but I am having a really hard time with the new bold/italic on the tables that are seated/waitlisted. I think I can get it, but it's going to be really hard and take a good bit longer. So i'm torn whether or not to release an update that just can't read your open/waitlisted tables, or to try and get it fully working again, which will take much longer.

I'll probably just release an update that can't read your open/waitlisted tables first, so at least people can scan the tables they're not in until i get that part working.

If anyone wants to email pokerstars support and ask them to turn off the italics/bold or at least give an option to do so, it would be much appreciated
Old 12-06-2010, 03:13 PM

Default Temporary fix

Hey guys what you can do to temporarily fix the problem is go to your pokerstars folder then open the folder called backup. Copy all files and folders in the containing folder. Go back up one level to your pokerstars folder and paste everything there. Replace all the files and you should be rolled back to the previous update. I just did it on mine and we are back in business.

p.s. I am not responsible for any harm this may due to your pokerstars software. I am not a software guy and just dig dome digging on google to find this fix. I can tell you that it works 100% on my Windows 7 x64 system.

Last edited by bnvise; 12-06-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Caution
Old 12-06-2010, 03:40 PM

The only problem is I think Pokerstars might frown on that.

My vote would be for you to release the update on what you can scan, I rarely use the my table or waiting list anyway.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnvise View Post
Hey guys what you can do to temporarily fix the problem is go to your pokerstars folder then open the folder called backup. Copy all files and folders in the containing folder. Go back up one level to your pokerstars folder and paste everything there. Replace all the files and you should be rolled back to the previous update. I just did it on mine and we are back in business.

Yep, exactly. This is a great short-time solution. I use it all the time when PokerRooms f* up with fonts and other software updates

Just one more thing to add. After this backup, don't run PokerStars shortcut icon, or else it will again update your software. Instead go to PokerStars installation folder and run PokerStars.exe directly. This way it doesn't ask you for update.

This thing usually work for "one time" update. If they update it more than once, you usually have to update it yourself of software won't run.

The moment I clicked on "OK" for update I knew I made a mistake. And when I saw that font in the lobby... lol. Of coruse TST won't work, its ugly as s*

Keep up the good work!