TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Bugs

Old 03-09-2011, 02:10 AM

Default TST is crashing FTP Client

I have WinXP system with FTP, HM and TST installed.
After installing RC4 version TST started to crash poker client every 30-60 minutes. All of a sudden all 12 open tables and lobby window dissapear, and FTP error window pops up.
Today it crashed FTP after 10 minutes, but after that worked another 1,5 hour and crashed when I was going to finish the session.
I'm using your wondeful application for almost a year, and never had this issue before.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:47 AM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

I'm going to bed now but add me on AIM/MSN/ICQ/Skype and we can try some things tomorrow

AIM: ZandryTST
MSN: [email protected]

Since you are the only one whos reporting this so far, and I've actually found that FTP seems to have really improved their software/memory leaks issues, I'm hoping maybe you just have a bad installation of FTP or the TST recent update. To start I'd try reinstalling the recent tablescan update, and reinstall FTP and make sure you use the default widgets in ftp
Old 03-10-2011, 03:48 AM

I can confirm this is happening to me too, I just now joined the forums to report it. I'm using Windows 7. Basically TST starts out running fine, then more and more error messages pile up as a session goes along, I think they're related to the autowaitlist from when the program is trying to remove me from a waitlist. For each table it tries to remove I get the "Could not perform action" message. Eventually, the scans seem so cluttered up with the errors that TST itself crashes, or I might just close it myself and reopen it. Either way though, any time I close TST when I'm playing a poker session on FTP, the FTP client crashes.

I've also noticed that since the latest update, tables I'm on no longer show up as yellow, they show up as green with the little triangle in the corner.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Ok, thanks for your explanation, I think I understand what is happening:

When FTP first did their update, they made it so the "remove me from waiting list" button took almost 30 seconds to load, so I had to make it so TableScan assumes that when no waitinglist button is shown and the table is full, that you are on the waitinglist. They fixed that bug about 2 days after I released this update.

BUT: I did not account for the fact that you may be sitting on that table. So even though youre sitting at the table, TableScan thinks you're on the waitinglist(because the waitinglist button isn't shown), and when the table drops below your filters, it tries to remove you from the waitinglist. But in this case, the "remove from waitinglist" button will never show up, because you're not on the waitinglist, and tablescan will keep trying to leave the waitinglist, possibly creating some endless loops, hopefully something in the way I made it wait to remove from waitinglist is causing this problem

Anyways, I think I have fixed this problem now, largely I have reverted back to the previous method, please try this update and let me know if it improves/fixes the crashing for you:

http://www.tablescanturbo.com/files/...date-RC4-2.exe
Old 03-12-2011, 01:14 PM

Hi Zandry,

Thank you so much for your support and quick response to the issues. I downloaded and installed update today, but usually I don't play a lot on weekends. I will report you after I play 2-3 sessions.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:33 AM

Your fix fixed the problem! I played 2 sessions without any crashes.
Thanks a lot!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:58 AM

After a week with new version - no issues at all. Thank you for the fix!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 01:20 PM

That's great news, I need to release this version to everyone, but I have been working on improving the HUD, which is coming along REALLY well, so I might wait a few more days