TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Bugs

Old 12-09-2011, 03:57 AM

Default ipoker client begins lagging after

tst works beautifully for the first 1/2hr or so of my session, but as i go on and continue to fill my screen with tables the ipoker client begins to lag like crazy, specifically taking much longer looking for tables and spending more time going through empty tables

i'm just running a normal scan, then choosing which waitlists to join myself.. which is amazingly fast to begin with but slows to a crawl after loading like >8 tables

running on a core2 duo macbook pro with 4gig of ram and intel ssd.. frustrating that it becomes so slow but perhaps my system just isn't quick enough anymore to multitable ipoker and tableselect
Old 12-09-2011, 03:39 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Hey, well I guess youre on an iPoker skin that hasn't done the latest update so it's not broken? One question I have is what exactly causes the lag, is it just scanning, or is it joining waitlists, or both? Also, does your whole computer lag, or just iPoker? Someone else was telling me they have the same issue recently and we found that when you join a waitlist through iPoker, there is a popup that comes up from iPoker to confirm you want to join the waitlist. When he clicks "Ok" on that popup, his whole ipoker client would freeze for about a second. I'm wondering if this is the same thing that's happening to you. If you have AIM/MSN/ICQ/Skype could you add me and show me the problem on teamviewer?

AIM: ZandryTST
MSN: [email protected]

One thing that might help very slightly is to go to configure > settings > performance and make sure the option "give tablescan threads highest priority" is unchecked. Another interesting thing to do would be to look in the task manager during these times of high usage and see how much resources each program you're running is actually using.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
when you join a waitlist through iPoker, there is a popup that comes up from iPoker to confirm you want to join the waitlist. When he clicks "Ok" on that popup, his whole ipoker client would freeze for about a second.
yeah this is the majority of the problem.. did you guys find a solution?

i'm in a session atm sorry for the short and sweet reply
Old 12-10-2011, 01:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Well, in his case he has some way of blocking updates from ipoker with his antivirus, so he is running a really old version of ipoker. He said he was going to try to install the latest version to another folder and get back to me on if it improved it, but right now the latest version of ipoker is broken for tablescan so I told him not to do it now. So I guess I wont know for a while if updating fixed it for him
Old 12-10-2011, 01:53 PM

perhaps an older client version might work yeah if i could get my hands on one (betfred)
just about to hop into a session, i'll monitor the program resourses a little i guess

scanning still takes approx the same amount of time well into my session which is nice, it's just that after the scan, when i select say 3 or 4 tables to join waitlist all at once it can take around 1minute, all the while occasionly timing out when the popup to join comes up and hogging my computer.. ensue monkeytilt! (at the start of a session when i only have a few tables loaded the process of joinings waitlists flys by!)

time to scrap the perhaps outdated macbook pro?

Last edited by messi; 12-10-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:52 PM

Sorry for the delayed response, well I dont know if the older version would help as he was on an older version and it still happened. Is your computer actually lagging or is it just the ipoker software itself lags when you click "Ok" on the join waitlist popup? Of course a computer upgrade would be nice but there's a possibility that your computer isn't lagging that hard and it's just the ipoker software itself, which possibly wouldn't be improved by an upgrade
Old 12-11-2011, 02:05 PM

I think Ipoker software is just sick using memory. Very bad programming or something. I have 12gigs of memory, intel i7 920 processor and 320gigs intel x25-m ssd. But maybe after 4 hours of client being open, it starts to be very slow at opening tables and joining in queues. All you can do I is restart that piece of crap ipoker software.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:26 PM

yeah it's the ipoker software only, the mouse is still responsive, can use chrome etc..

if this is also a problem for guys with high spec'd computers i'm shocked that there's not more activity on here regarding it.. it's so incredibly tilting!

i may just take your software and move to stars for now
Old 12-14-2011, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by messi View Post
yeah it's the ipoker software only, the mouse is still responsive, can use chrome etc..

if this is also a problem for guys with high spec'd computers i'm shocked that there's not more activity on here regarding it.. it's so incredibly tilting!

i may just take your software and move to stars for now
Yeah, also I have heard iPoker might make HM and PT3 and TST against their rules next year, I hope not but probably a good idea to start looking at other sites