TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Suggestions

Old 03-05-2010, 07:14 AM

Default Import and Export fish/buddies/regulars list

Hi, I'd like to be able to import a list of players from a txt file or spreadsheet rather than having to add each one individually.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:30 AM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Yes, I have been meaning to do this forever, somehow I always push it back but I will definitely put it in the next version
Old 04-02-2010, 07:05 AM

Default Import/Export

Hi Zandry,

This is my first post. You have crafted an exceptional app. I love it, and will definitely purchase 1.0.
I would also like to see an import/export function.

Thanks again for your work!
Old 04-04-2010, 04:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Thank you Yes it is coming next version
Old 04-04-2010, 05:48 AM

Hi Zandry,

As far as import/export, I'd be equally thrilled with enabling cut and paste.

On a minor note, I discovered when I try to add a buddy to my buddy list that is already there, an unhandled exception is returned. Not a biggie, just to let you know.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:16 AM

I don't understand what you mean cut and paste, you mean you want to copy and paste a list of all your buddy's names? Or just some of them? By the way in case you didnt know if you select a player in the player list of the main window and hit CTRL + C, it will copy the player's name. Also the best way to add buddies to the buddy list is to right click > Add Buddy, because the buddy list is case-sensitive, but thanks for the bug report, i'll fix it in the next version
Old 04-04-2010, 10:02 AM

Hi Zandry,

Yeah, I know I can paste a name in the add buddy box, and it really is a great feature to right-click and add from the players list.

What I was thinking is that it would be nice to be able to copy a text list of my buddies or regs, etc. from say, notepad, right into the TableScan list of buddies or regs.

I've been playing around with the scoring feature, which is absolutely great, and I thought it would be nice, in the same way,to be able to copy the rules to save the configuration before I make changes, in case I want to go back to the previous rules I set up. Anyway, for now I just take a screenshot for reference.

Yeah, the player scoring feature has certainly been +EV for me.

One ? for you on the table scoring: If I block myself as a player, does that mean my stats are not counted towards the table score? I hope it means that, cuz I've taken to refreshing my open tables to keep tabs on the changing texture of the table, and I'm hoping my own stats are not influencing the score. Another +EV feature you thought of.

Another random thought: I've been really keen on finding tables where more than 1/2 of the players score less than me. 'Course ideally, they'd ALL be less. The effectiveness of this of course depends on the scoring rules I've set up being relevant to my style of play, etc.

So, if I could score the tables with a rule such as "If more than x number of players score less than y" that would be excellent. I saw the "Custom Definition" in the "New Table Scoring Condition", but don't know how to use it, if indeed you've had time to implement it yet.

Thanks again Zandry, and reply whenever you get a round tuit. No rush...

Last edited by clontarf; 04-04-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:22 AM

Default Oh! I see!

The Custom Definition is what is available after using Advanced Settings>Define>Custom Definition, is that correct? So I can't at present create a table rule using custom stats such as "If x number of players have a score higher than y, then increase table score by z"
Old 04-05-2010, 07:08 AM

No unfortunately when you block a player their score is still counted in the table score and their stats are still calculated in the table averages too, but that is a good idea I think i'll make it an option in the next update.

For saving your scoring the best way at the moment is to go to C:\program files\TableScan Turbo\config\ and copy the two files: player_scoring.config and table_scoring.config

Custom definitions are working, what it does is it creates a new column which counts how many players meet your custom conditions. I think you have a good idea there though, I will add an option "Player Score" to the custom definitions, and maybe fish definitions too. That way you could make a custom definition like "High Scores" with player score from 20 to 100, that would count how many players at the table have high scores.

I don't know about the copy/pasting players into the window, but I will make it so you can import a csv type of text file, with one player name per line, like this:
PlayerA
PlayerB
PlayerC
etc
Old 04-05-2010, 07:54 AM

That would be great!

For the time being, I've emphasized the players' score over the overall table score, and it gives me a fairly good appoximation of what I was after with the "#of Players w/ score above...." Certainly workable for the time being...

Thanks for the tip on the config file...hadn't thought of that.

I've noticed that when I scan my open tables, that I need to focus on the lobby (this is Pokerstars) and then put the focus at the very start of the table list, or else TableScan starts at wherever it last ended (the focus still being on whatever that table was) and then goes down the list from there and stops at the end of the table list, missing the tables that reside in the list prior to that starting point. This happens also, I think, if I open a table myself from the lobby, and the focus remains on that table. I don't know if it is a Stars lobby issue or not, but if there is a way for TableScan to always start at the beginning of the listing, especially for Autoscanning Open Tables, that would be a cause for celebration . I notice the Stars lobby will accept the PageUp and PageDown commands, but not End or Home. Maybe sending a PageUp enough times to bring it to the top would suffice? BTW, the lobby table listing I currently use on Stars gives between 90 to 320 tables.

Another random thought: The audible alert when the scanning is over is really good as a HU to check the table situations. Thoughtful of you to include that. Another audible alert that I would most certainly make use of is one that would be used by AutoScan OpenTables, triggered when a Table Score drops below a user-defined threshold. I'm really diggin' on that AutoScan OpenTables. Excellent.

Zandry, thanks again for this app and your feedback.

Forget what I said about the ScanOpenTables focus issue. It works fine now!

Last edited by clontarf; 04-05-2010 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Oopsies!