TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Support

Old 08-21-2009, 09:29 PM

Default how to make thigns faster

How cna i make thigns faster,, have a fast x58 chipset with i7 core and 12 gb of ram,, how cna i amke this table scanner use mroe ram and cpu cycles or anything to amke it as fast as possible and accurate. GOt lots of extra ram.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:51 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

One simple thing you can do to make things a little faster is to go to
Configure > Advanced > Performance > "Give Tablescan threads highest priority"
Old 09-25-2009, 09:40 PM

i use to get stars to scan 3 hands a second wiht table name listed in descending order now that dont work adn have tried a few things. Now i use wait list in descending order adn it seems to scan the fastest but slower than before and i got a much faster ssd drive. FTP now is very fast with over 3 tables a second and stars is slower,, go figure,, any thigns on os or anythign i can do ,, does indexing help speed thigns up?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:42 PM

wscans on stars also seem to do three tables and then wiat a second and then do three more,, anything i can do to get this to do more tables in its loop,, i got alot of ram to use.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:44 AM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

The speed is entirely determined by the speed that the lobby loads the players list, so it is more of an internet speed issue. But there is another little thing with pokerstars, which is this: If the lobby doesn't have focus, it will load the players list slower. Now, if you have no tables open, tablescan will fake focus to the pokerstars lobby, so it won't steal focus from any other windows but the pokerstars lobby thinks it has focus, if that makes sense. So with no tables open, it will go at "full speed". But if you have any tables open, then tablescan cannot send pokerstars lobby fake focus, or it will steal focus from the tables you have open. So then tablescan will not give the pokerstars lobby focus, which makes it take about 200ms more for each table.

The reason you get tables in spurts and then all the sudden one lags, is that the poker lobby is lagging in loading the players list, so tablescan has to wait for it.

But the real question is, if you are just scrolling down the tables with the keyboard, does it load the players list much faster? Like maybe I could make an option "too fast" which is even faster than fastest, but I doubt it would help, it would just use your computer more and keep trying to read the empty unloaded player list